Life gets hectic and to-do lists are endless, so meal prepping (or snack prepping) isn’t always in the cards. Eating healthy can often be a challenge when you need to grab something in a pinch but healthy snacks are not as hard to come by as you’d think.
Eating small meals throughout the day will keep your metabolism moving and avoid reaching the point of complete starvation and indulging in whatever you can get your hands on first (we’ve all been there). So what’s the easiest way to get your hands on something nutritious to help keep you fueled during the day? Bringing your own snacks with you is the easiest way to grab something quick, but another great option is to hit up a nearby vending machine. If you look for it, you’re bound to find something healthy with healthy vending being such a huge industry.
Here are 5 healthy snacks that you can carry with you or grab out of a vending machine when you’re on-the-go.
- Almonds – There are many health benefits to eating a handful of almonds, not to mention, they’re delicious! To name just a couple of benefits…they are a great source of protein and fiber which can help curb hunger for longer periods of time.
- String cheese – You get carbs for energy and it’s also a great source of protein and calcium
- Muscle Milk – Protein, protein, protein!
- Popcorn – Huh?! It’s true, popcorn is actually a great source of fiber and low in calories (as long as there’s not an overload of butter, of course)
- Fruit and nut bars or Trail Mix – High in protein and fiber
Balanced Choice Vending aims to make healthy eating on the go possible by providing a variety of different health conscious foods in our machines. It’s all about BALANCE after all!
These are some great options and there are so many healthy snacks both in stores and in vending machines that can make a healthy lifestyle not just possible but easy. Be sure to check labels and nutritional facts for the most accurate information.